Inspiring: Story of Candidate Victoria Salcedo Loses 3 Limbs Still joins miss Ecuador 2021

Miss Ecuador 2021 candidate, Victoria Salcedo caught the attention of everyone. Salcedo, who lost her three limbs due to an accident at the young age of 5.

Now a 23-year-old, she lost both her arms and left leg and even got electrocuted, decided to join the pageantry. She’s from Guayaquil and studies journalism.

In one of her interviews with Shake, My Beauty Salcedo shared how her childhood was difficult for her to handle because she needs to wear prosthetics for the lost body parts.

“I don’t remember my life before the accident,” she said.

At a young age, she gained confidence and slowly realized that she no longer needed to convince people what she is capable of because she already rebuilt herself.

“From my own experiences, I realized that when I reach an obstacle, I often try not to overcome it. Instead, I stay in my comfort zone. But if it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you. For me, that’s like a rule.”

She was even crowned as the Queen of Loja and named a National Angel in 2018.

As of writing, she gains followers on different social media platforms and now has more than 100k followers on Instagram and 260k on TikTok, where she shares her life stories and creating disability awareness content.

The post Inspiring: Story of Candidate Victoria Salcedo Loses 3 Limbs Still joins miss Ecuador 2021 appeared first on Manila Papers.


Source: Manila Papers

Post a Comment

0 Comments